There are various types of pools to choose from for your backyard. You will have to consider the size, shape and depth before you decide on which one to install. Different pools require different materials to build it. If you are handy to use some of the available tools, then you can go ahead with the building process. However, if you are not familiar with hammering, sawing or any other of the construction materials, you need to hire the services of an experienced contractor like Bali Pools Brisbane, for instance, to do the job.
You may also want to decide on whether to go for an above ground or below ground pool. In this article, we will discuss a little about the above ground pools and their advantages over the fiberglass and concrete ones.
Different Types of Pools For Your Home
All different pools mentioned in this article are available in different sizes and all serve their purpose. However, based on your personal preference, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. For example, you can have a small spa in the backyard, as compared to a large acrylic one. Here are the different kinds of vinyl pools you can purchase for your house:
- Indoor pools: These pools are usually placed inside of your home. You will have to take care of the water and keep the debris off the walls so that it does not get stained or moldy. This type of swimming pool only requires minimal effort for maintenance. If you buy one with glass tile, then you can easily install the swimming pool lights. The inground pool on the other hand needs to be installed with the help of a professional.
- Inground swimming pools: A very popular type of swimming pool that is built in the ground. These are usually made out of molded artificial rock and concrete. The best thing about these pools is that you can use whatever you want to design them as per your taste and the theme of your home. The downside however is that they can be dangerous for children and toddlers. In order to make this pool as safe as possible, you need to consider building a wall and invest in building in durable materials. The common materials used for building inground pools include wood, tile, concrete and steel.
- Above ground pools: You can also opt for building a customized above ground swimming pool. These can also be made according to your specific and personal tastes. You can select from a variety of pool shapes including L shape, K shape, rectangular pools and many others. Again, there is a risk for younger children involved, so the most important thing is that you need to keep the above ground pool area well-maintained in order to prevent the children from falling in.
- Freeform pools: If you want to create a unique swimming pool design, the best choice for you would be a freeform pool. These are available in a variety of shapes such as an octagon, perimeter loops, in ground circles, quadrant circles, perimeter loops, or any other shape you can come up with.
- Infinity Pools: One of the most popular and probably most impressive looking types of pools is the infinity pool. Here, the water flows over one or more edges and creates the visual effect of endless water. Especially when paired with an ocean view, a nice infinity pool on your property can give you the feeling of swimming in the ocean.
- Vinyl pools: With the help of vinyl, any shape or any type of pool can be designed. If you want to have the traditional patio pool, you can try installing the vinyl swimming pools. These are very affordable as well as durable. However, you should know that different types of concrete pools require different amounts of maintenance and repair.
- Spa Pool: If you don’t have the space to build a big swimming pool inside your home or in your backyard, a small spa would be a great solution for you. Like that you are not missing out even though you only have little space and can enjoy relaxing hours with your loved ones.
These are the different types of swimming pools available for you to choose from. It would be best if you would base your decision on the theme and design of your home. You can search for the perfect swimming pool shapes by visiting various websites that offer a wide array of swimming pool shapes. You can also visit various pool building shops so as to get information on all the details of pool building material including concrete, fiberglass, vinyl, stone and many more.